Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Church Baby Shower



     Just a quick post today.  Here are the receiving blankets I made for our church's baby shower.  I bought the flannels at JoAnn fabrics.  I washed them in hot water and dried in a hot dryer.  That shrinks the fabric and makes it nice and soft.  It also removes any chemicals from processing.  I don't use any soap or fabric softener to avoid problems with possible allergies.

     I cut the coordinating fabrics to the same size and then place right sides together.  I pin around the sides and cut the curved corners.  Then I sew around the edges, leaving an opening to turn.  I press everything, and then edgestitch all around.  This closes the opening and keeps the edges neat.  I can get one of these done in under an hour.  Hopefully they will bring some warmth to a newborn and a smile to the mom's face.


No comments:

Post a Comment