Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Coffee Cozy


Finished cozy


     I made coffee cup cozies for Christmas presents.  Here is how I did them.

Template from Winner Designs


     This template from Winner Designs makes it 'sew' easy to do.

Fabric layers


     I layered the insulated batting, then the inside fabric right side up and then the outer fabric right side down.  I used  the template and my rotary cutter to cut all three layers at one time.

Elastic used, hair ties


     These hair ties are what I used for my elastic.

Wonder clips in use


     I used Wonder Clips to hold them in place and then placed a few pins to hold the layers together.

Opening


     I sewed around with a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving an opening as seen above.

Front of cozy


     I then turned it right sides out and edge stitched, closing up the opening as I sewed.

Back of cozy


     I added some buttons and tied a knot in the elastic.  All finished in around 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment