Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It's My Day for a Girl

Finished chair cover


     A few years ago I made a chair cover to celebrate my grandson's birthday.  At the time that I bought his kit, I also bought a girl version in hopes that I would have a granddaughter.  Well he did have a little sister and she just celebrated her second birthday.

Kit


     I purposely did not make it for her first birthday as I knew chocolate and one year olds lead to messy situations.  I bought the kits at Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, WI.  I also had to buy the book that had the pattern.  It is so nice for all the appliqué pieces to be reverse printed so it was easy to just trace the shapes onto the paper backing of the fusible web.

Book


     After ironing it all in place that came the slow task of stitching around each piece.  After constructing the chair cover I then quilted around the different elements to hold it all together.  And the best part is that I did get it done in time for her party.

2 comments:

  1. You did A Amazing Very Cute chair cover. I want to make something for My 5 Granddaughters and Grandson. Thank you for sharing. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete