Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Christmas Stocking for Miles

Completed stocking


     Still writing about all the sewing I did for Christmas.  This stocking is for my newest grandson.  This one is for his house.  Here is the blog where I did one for him for our house.

Stitched design on jeans leg


     For our oldest grandson I made him a stocking from his grandpa's jeans so for this one I chose to use a pair of my old jeans.

Outer stocking sewn up


     I again went to Embroidery Library for a design.  I chose to use this one because the other one I liked had wording in it.  Why was that a problem you might wonder.  Well I had to do a mirror image of the design for him because his mom and dad's stockings both point to the right.  I didn't want his going the other way.

Lining sewn up with opening on the side

     I traced the stocking outline onto a leg of the jeans.  I printed out the templates of the designs and arranged them on the jeans leg.  I hooped sticky pair and stitched out the design in two parts.  I pressed the fabric and retraced the pattern and cut it out.

Cuff embroidered


     I then cut out another stocking piece from the jeans and then two from a lining fabric.  I sewed the outer pieces together  and then the same for the lining pieces, leaving a 2-3 inch opening in the side for turning.

Sewn together and turned


   I then cut a cuff from felt and embroidered his name.  I stitched the cuff into a circle.  I then placed the cuff onto the outer stocking with the raw edges even at the top and then placed that into the lining, with right sides together and stitched around the top.  I pulled it right side out through the opening in the lining.

Sewing the opening closed

     I stitched the opening closed and tucked the lining back inside.  All finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment