Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

A Tale of Two Stockings

Ready for Santa to come


     This Christmas there will be two more people at our house to celebrate.  Our younger son and his wife had a little boy in April and our older son is bringing his girlfriend.  That means two more stockings for the mantle.

Miles' stocking before
Emily's stocking before
 

     Our younger son bought a stocking for me to put a name on to hang up for our grandson.  Of course I couldn't just put a name on it.  I also embroidered a polar bear wrapped in lights that I had gotten from Embroidery Library.







          For our older son's girlfriend I bought a plain stocking at the store to embellish.  I used an appliqué design from Designs by JuJu.

Stitching on the deconstructed stocking


     The easiest way for me to do the stitching was to take the stocking mostly apart so I could hoop it flat on sticky paper.  I printed out templates of the designs, including their names.  I decided on placement and marked the stocking.  Then I attached it to the sticky paper and did the stitching.

Miles' finished stocking


    It was then easy enough to just stitch them back together and they were ready to hang with the rest of the family.

     Welcome Miles and Emily.
Emily's finished stocking

No comments:

Post a Comment