Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Baby Blanket for Newest Grandson

Finished blanket


    I love making these receiving blankets as gifts.  I have been told they are a great size to wrap up a newborn and also make a great blanket to place on the floor for tummy time.

     I have made many of these for charity also.  I buy two 1 1/4 yard pieces of flannel and wash them in hot water and dry in a hot dryer.  That shrinks the flannel and makes it soft while removing any chemicals.

Baby stats


     When I make them for a newborn, I include all their stats, one in each corner of the blanket and then I place their name in the middle.  I love to find the right fabrics to mix and match when making these.

Name


     I also make them for shower presents but obviously without the embroidery.  I will make them in a gender neutral color scheme unless the parents know the sex of the baby.  If you would like one of these, just contact me at celeste@sewmuchfun.biz.

No comments:

Post a Comment