Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Silver Purse

Pattern


     I had bought this silver grey vinyl at an ASG Conference but didn't know what I would make from it.  I wanted a purse to go with my grey outfits so I decided to make a purse from it.

Pocket


     I chose to do the Savvy Plus bag.  On the inside I added a double pocket.  It has a zippered part and an open part.  I of course added my monogram to the pocket.

Webbing with Wonder Tape


     For the handles I used cotton webbing covered with the vinyl for some added strength.  I used Wonder tape and Wonder clips to hold the vinyl in place since I could not iron it.  

Folding over the vinyl


     I then made single fold bias tape from the blue linen that I used for the lining to cover the raw edges of the vinyl on the inside of the strap.

Wonder clips at work


     I stitched it all down using a grey thread in the bobbin and a blue thread in the top.  I lengthened the stitch length and sewed slowly to get a nice even topstitching.

Finished purse


     I now have a nice light weight purse for when I am wearing my grey outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment