Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Name on Christmas Stocking



     It is almost that time of year again, people wanting names on their Christmas stockings.  Last year I needed to put a name on a store bought stocking for my granddaughter.  I chose the same font I had used on her big brother's stocking a couple of years ago.



    I printed out the template and positioned it where I wanted it.  I had to take the stocking apart so I could use sticky paper to hoop it so it would lay flat.  I have also used the under the hoop method to stitch stockings but I decided this was going to be much easier.

     I stitched out the name using a color I pulled from the design on the stocking and then quickly stitched the stocking back together.  Sometimes it is not as easy as it looks to place a name on a stocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment