Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Jeans Apron


Inspiration photo from Creative Green Living


     My sister asked me to make her an apron from an old pair of jeans.  She sent me a photo and a link to what she liked.  I Pinned it and then used my phone to follow along with the instructions while making the apron.

     My sister sent me a pair of her jeans and after quizzing her about color and style of fabric I found some great pink and purple butterfly print in my stash.

     After taking apart the jeans I then started putting it all together.  I did make wider binding and straps because the ones in the project seemed so flimsy.  I used the ruffler foot on my machine to gather the fabric.  It took a couple of tries since I hadn't used it in a while.

My sister's finished apron


     I think it came out really cute and my sister was happy with it.

2 comments: