Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Christmas Pillow


Detail of the snowmen embroidery

     Here is the pillow cover I made for Christmas.  I bought a few different designs of snowmen from Embroidery Library.  My husband chose this one.

Adding fusible stabler to the front, corners cut to prevent dog-ears

     I chose a deep green wool from my stash and embroidered the design with white thread.  Then because it was a thinner fabric, I used a fusible stabilizer from Rowley Company to give it a little more body.  I also serged the front and back pieces to a lightweight lining fabric.  I do this with most of my pillows to protect the face fabric.

Making the covered cord

     I had some red and white ticking fabric in my stash that I used to make covered cord, even matching the stripes at the seams.

Detail of the covered cord on the pillow

     I added a zipper to the back and then sewed it all together.  Another fun holiday pillow.  Next I will be on the look out for something for spring as I think I can leave on the snowmen cover for most of the winter.

Finished pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment