Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Cork Coasters

Cork coaster
     Each year for our Breensgiving feast, I try to add something new to the table.  This year I made cork coasters.

Cork sheets
     I bought the design from Embroidery Library.  I then went on Amazon and bought cork sheets and sticky back felt sheets.

Hooped cork sheet
     I cut all the sheets of cork and felt in half.  I then hooped sticky paper and put the half sheet of cork down.  I then stitched out the design.

Hole left after stitching
     When I was done, I removed the cork, leaving a hole which I patched with another piece of sticky paper.

Patched hole
     Then I placed the piece of sticky back felt onto the back of the embroidered cork piece.  I used my scissors to trim the coaster to shape.  The felt on the back covered all the stitching.  This is a little different than the directions but I liked it because it went quickly for me.

Finished coasters
     I chose the colors based on the colors I had used on my napkins a couple of years ago.  The rust and brown show up nicely but the green and gold are harder to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment