Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Breensgiving 2019

Dining room table


     This past Sunday we celebrated "Breensgiving"  One of my sons came up with the title a few years ago as we celebrate Thanksgiving the Sunday before.  Then on Thanksgiving they can all be with their other families.

Cornbread salad

     I use Pinterest to find tasty recipes,  The first course was a cornbread salad.  I bought a trifle bowl this year, married 43 years and never had one.  The salad looks so pretty in the bowl.  I did use store bought cornbread that I crumbled instead of cubing.  Then all the layers, topped with a ranch dressing made from a Wildtree mix.

Marinated pork tenderloin

     The main meal was a marinated pork tenderloin recipe that my husband and I had had earlier.  We both liked it so much we decided it would be great for Thanksgiving, I don't like turkey so I won't cook it.

Cheesy corn casserole
Cranberries

Mashed potatoes

     The sides included cheesy corn casserole, crockpot cranberries and mashed potatoes.  The cheesy corn casserole was a big hit, nothing left of that.  I thought the cranberries were a bit tart, maybe I would add a little more maple syrup next time.  I did make these a day ahead so I could use the crockpot for my mashed potatoes.  I was worried that the mashed potatoes were going to be too soupy when I started mashing them but they turned out delicious also.  The other sides were Polish sausage, sauerkraut and noodles supplied by my son-in-law's parents.
Cranberry margarita
   
     I also made cranberry margaritas.  For the appetizers we had a cranberry spread that I have made in the past and my son and daughter-in-law made pinwheels.  Dessert was supplied by my daughter and sister-in-law and I made chocolate chip cookies for the grandkids.

Fresh ingredients

     Every year I try to add something new to the table, this year I made cork coasters.  I'll write about them in the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment