Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Halloween Pillow

Halloween Pillow

     I know Halloween is over, but I finally got this pillow finished.  I bought the design from Embroidery Library.  I changed the colors so I could stitch it on black fabric from my stash.

Detail of the covered cord

     I chose the colors based on this striped fabric that was also in my stash.  When cut on the bias for the covered cord, it has a fun spiral look.

Detail of the embroidery

     After I did the embroidery, I cut the front using my pillow template from Rowley that eliminates the dog-ears.  I then serged on a piece of lining to give it more body.  I did the same for the back piece and added a lapped zipper near the bottom. Bias cuts of the striped fabric were used to make the covered cord and it was all assembled.  I am going to make several other covers for the pillow form so I can change it out seasonally.

No comments:

Post a Comment