Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Favorite Halloween Strip Quilt

 

Finished Halloween quilt

     Finished just in time for Halloween.  I bought a strip set from Patched Works and got the pattern for the strip quilt from them.  I bought it in March and worked on cutting and making the blocks.  Then at retreat in October 2019 I put the blocks together.


Block detail

     I had the background/binding fabric in my stash, bought it from Quilt Play back in 2012.  

Fun name label

     I bought black flannel from JoAnn Fabrics for the backing.  For my fun label I used a design from Designs by JuJu.  I had bought these designs to label buckets for trick-or-treating for the grandkids but they make for a fun quilt label also.

Info label

     The second label has the pertinent info regarding who pieced it and who quilted it.  Joni did a great job with the quilting.  We chose a fun ghost pattern and used a multi colored thread that showed up well on the black backing.

Quilting detail

     Finished the binding while on a mini vacation this fall.  Looking froward to snuggling up under it this Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment