Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Large T-shirt Quilt

 

Finished t-shirt quilt

     A client recently had me make her a larger t-shirt quilt.  This one had 30 t-shirts versus the usual 20.  I had done several smaller ones for her, for her daughters and her husband but now it was time to use her t-shirts.  She chose her shirts and sent me a photo of the preferred layout.


Photo from client

     I printed out the photo she sent and kept it with the t-shirts.  There were a couple of challenging t-shirts in the bunch, one had a yoke in the front with a v-neck so it was more challenging to get the square cut.  The other shirt that was a challenge was one that had the picture in the lower left corner.  In order to get as much of the picture in the square, I wound up undoing the hem and side seam.  This enabled me to get the picture centered as much as possible. 

Shirt where I took out the hem and side seam

     I think this attention to detail is what separates me from the companies where you mail in your shirts and you get back a blanket.  As a client you get input into the project and someone who pays attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment