Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Halloween Costumes 2020

 

Mighty Skye and Zillo Beast

     This year the two older grandkids wanted to be Mighty Skye and a Zillo Beast.  My daughter wrote out a page of directions and dropped off the fabrics.  I measured the kids and went to work.   Mighty Skye wasn't too bad, I used the same Kwik Sew book that I have used in the past to draft her pattern.

Book used

     I did move up the silver band on the shirt, as it was supposed to be a belt.  My daughter painted the wings and made the wing part of her mask.  I used Skirtex for the mask to hold its shape and WonderUnder to fuse the fabric to it.

Beast hand pattern and Skye ear pattern

     My grandson's costume was more involved.  First he needed a third arm.  He wanted it to be motorized but we had to squash that idea.  It needed to be removable so he could get into his carseat and so he could take it off for school.  Also his costume needed to fit more tightly so I had to go down a size for width but add lots of length plus keep the same head opening for his hood.  It took me probably close to an hour just to draft his pattern pieces.  Also the beast has only three fingers so I traced around my grandson's hand to make gloves so that he would have only the three digits.  Also the tail was supposed to have 'spikes'.  I just made cloth pieces to sew on and nothing hard cuz I didn't want anyone to get hurt.

 
Instructions

     Another Halloween is in the books.  They sure to like to challenge grandma's abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment