Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Overnight Bags

 

Under the hoop

     Our son asked if I could embroider names on some overnight bags that the kids got for Christmas.  Of course I said yes.

Dinosaur bag

    Our son chose the font he wanted, a simple one that the kids could read.  Then the older grandson picked out his thread colorant we just chose white for the younger one.


Animal bag

     He had wanted the name on the pocket but there was no way to hoop it and not lose the use of the pocket.  As it was, I had to use the under the hoop method because I couldn't hoop the bag and sticky paper wasn't working either.  I hooped a heavy cutaway stabilizer and cut a window in it.  Then I pinned the bag to the underside of the hoop and placed it on the machine.  This works well for simple embroidery but may not do as well for more complex designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment