Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Crossover Top

 

Finished top

     For 2021 I made a list of sewing projects that I wanted to do during the year.  I looked through my stash of fabrics and patterns and came up with 17 items.  Some of those were gifts I needed to make like the birthday t-shirts for the grandkids and a couple were making/finishing quilts for wedding gifts.  Others were things I had fabric for but never made.

Closeup of fabric

     This top is one that I had the pattern for a few years and the fabric for even longer.  I liked the crossover knot and the long sleeves with thumbholes.  The fabric is a textured knit.  I had a little trouble getting the knot/crossover right.  I had to redo it once.  This fabric may have been a bit too heavy for the pattern as is seems to form a large lump in the front.  Probably a lighter weight knit would have worked better or possibly a larger opening.  Either way I still like the top and it is a nice warm over layer.

Pattern used
    
      I might try this again with a lighter weight knit just to see how it works.  My suggestion is to go slow and just follow the pictures along with the written directions to get the crossover right the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment