Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Beginning Sewing Camp June 7 2021

 

Finished projects

     Last week I had the first sewing camp of the summer.  It was Beginning Sewing and I had four students, two boys and two girls.  It was extra special as I had my grandson in the camp.

Autumn and her pillow

Caleb and his pillow

Colton and his pillow

Kate and her pillow


     After learning how to operate the sewing machine, they all earned their Sewing Machine Driver's License.  I have a special certificate that I add their photo to and have them printed and laminated.  As they finish a project their earn a star sticker.

Autumn and her drawstring bag

Caleb and his drawstring bag

Colton and his drawstring bag

Kate and her drawstring bag

     After sewing several samples they chose fabric to make a patchwork pillow.  It was interesting to see how each designed their pillow front.  My grandson Colton included several pieces of fabric leftover from masks that I had made for their family.  The girls both opted for all the same fabric while Caleb chose just three fabrics and arranged them in a stair step layout.

Autumn and her book bag

Caleb and his book bag

Colton and his book bag

Kate and her book bag

      Their next two projects were a drawstring bag and a book bag.  As they worked on these projects they learned about zigzagging to finish raw edges and how to sew and clip curves.

Autumn's projects

Caleb and his projects

Colton and his projects

Kate's projects

     They all worked hard and did a great job sewing.  They also seemed to have a lot of fun.  In fact one day my husband (who was working upstairs) asked if we were partying or sewing.  

Colton hard at work


No comments:

Post a Comment