Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Wedding Quilt for Christina and Aidan

 

Finished quilt

     My niece got married over Memorial Day weekend after having to postpone it because of COVID-19.  I saw a disappearing nine patch quilt on line and just loved the colors and all.  I thought it would be a great quilt for them.

Inspiration photo

     I looked at the fabrics in my stash and found most of what I needed.  I bought the white/silver for the sashing and a chevron print for the backing fabric.  It was fun to find black and white prints that reflected her love of her dog and her singing.


Practice 9 patch block

Practice disappearing 9 patch block

     Since all I had was a photo, I made a practice square to see how it would turn out.  I believe I cut six inch squares from my fabrics and then had a finished block of 13 inches.  Some how I can't find my notes that I took while working on the quilt.

Block with sashing

     I added sashing and corner squares to the blocks and I set them on point.  It was fun playing with the different prints, I used twelve different ones plus the turquoise.

Fabrics I used

     I then added a turquoise first border and a second border of the musical notes.

Borders

     I found a pretty grey chevron flannel for the backing and my friend Joni did the quilting.  I embroidered a couple of labels and added a turquoise binding.

Backing with quilting

Label 1

Label 2

     I hope they enjoy the quilt and have a long happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment