Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Bitsy Box

 


     A friend gave me this pattern a few years ago.  I had pulled some fabric and zipper to make the box but never quite got around to it.  I added it to my 2021 sewing list to be sure I would finally get it done.

     I found the instructions to be very well written.  I did change a couple of things.  First I used fusible fleece for my stabilizer as that is what I had at hand.  Second for the quilting, I just used the edge of my sewing foot as a guide which gave me lines spaced about 3/8" apart instead of the 1/4" spacing she used.  I also did not draw any quilting lines.

Pattern

     I did like that she had you start with slightly larger pieces of fabric and then trim to size after the quilting, much more precise in my mind.  I used an overcast stitch on my machine to finish the raw edges on the inside.  Not sure what I am going to put inside it, but it sure was fun to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment