Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Michael and Marie's Wedding Quilt

 

Finished quilt

     My nephew got married this past weekend after having to delay it due to COVID-19.  I started this quilt for them January 2020 at a class.  I took the class at Quilters Destination.  The quilt is the Velocity quilt from the Stripology Squared book.  I wanted to try something new and this was a good opportunity to learn and have a gift at the same time.

Blocks detail

     There was some cutting done before class and then we assembled a few blocks and put them together.  After learning the tips and techniques in class, I came home to work on it.  I was planning on working on it during quilt retreat in March, but then that was canceled.  I took my own little retreat at home and worked on it.  There was lots of cutting and stitching.

Quilting detail

     After buying some warm flannel for the backing, I took it all to my friend and quilter, Joni, who used a pretty heart and leaf motif to quilt it.

Border and binding detail

     Then it was time for the binding and labels.  I had to wait to do the label for the date until the wedding was rescheduled, but I did the rest of the binding and the one label in the meantime.  

Label 1

Label 2

     I hope they enjoy their quilt as a lot of love went into it.  I wish many years of happiness for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment