Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Playing with Stripes

 

Front of striped pillow

     I decided to try playing with some striped fabric I had in my stash.  Fo the front of the pillow I chose to have vertical stripes and diagonal stripes.  I joined the pieces and pressed open the seam.  Then I serged it to a lining piece.


Back of striped pillow

     For the back, I chose to make a cross pattern.  I cut one triangle using a pattern piece I drafted.  I then used the piece I cut to get the other pieces.  Initially I cut them all the same but then discovered the color of the stripes wouldn't match.  It's a good thing I had quite a bit of the fabric to play with as I was able to recut two of the pieces as more of a mirror image.  Using a lot of pins, I aligned the stripes to match and pressed the seams open after sewing together.  Once again I serged the piece to a lining.


Zipper opening

     I cut the zipper strip to match also.  For the covered cord I used some corduroy fabric that when cut on the bias gives a cool looking cord.

Dog eared corner and covered cord

     Normally I trim my corners to get rid of the dog ears but with the stripes I felt it would look strange.  Another fun pillow sample.  Can I help you with some unique pillows for your home?


No comments:

Post a Comment