Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Christmas Stocking 2021 Part Two

 

Stocking for our house

     Last week I showed you the three stockings I made for our newest grandson and his parents.  I sent those off for them to hang on their fireplace mantle.  Then I needed to make one to have here on our fireplace mantle.

Washaway topper for name 


     I went to Ace Hardware and bought an undecorated stocking.  I brought it home and basically took it apart so I could embroider his name and a design.  The stockings that I have here at my house for his mom and dad have the toe facing left.  I did the embroidery so that it would face the same way as his parents.

Mitten applique detail

     I used a washaway topper on top of the furry fabric so that the thread would not get lost in the fur.  For the design on the stocking, I used a design from Designs by JuJu.  I used fabric from the stocking I had made for him before and fussy cut the mitten fabric to highlight an animal on each mitten.  After doing the embroidery, I stitched the stocking back together.  Now he will be all ready for Santa to bring him stuff to our house also.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment