Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Sewing Classes Fall 2021

Anna Catherine drawstring backpack

Roisin pincushion

 

     I started the after school lessons back up the week after Labor Day.  To start the year I had a mix of returning students and new students and one from beginning summer camp.  I started with just Monday and Tuesday classes.  By the end of October, I was teaching three days a week.


Roisin pillowcase

Roisin journal cover

Roisin hot chocolate cozy

Nalanii patchwork pillow

Armani patchwork pillow

Anna Catherine coin purse

Anna Catherine apron

     I had one person take a break due to their son's sports schedule.  When classes start back up next week after the Christmas holiday, I will be teaching four days a week with a couple of new students joining us.

Aly nightshirt

Amaia patchwork pillow

Anna Catherine cardholder

Armani drawstring bag

Ky'Leigh drawstring bag

Ky'Leigh patchwork pillow

Nalanii drawstring bag

Roisin patchwork tote

     Sometimes it is a challenge to be working with so many different things at one time.  The beginners need so much more help, but those working on their own patterns also need help, especially when first starting their project.  I do try to help them by reading through the instructions and then explaining what it means.  I hope in the future they will be able to follow along on their own.

Aly dad's pajama pants

Amaia drawstring bag

Armani book bag

Isy blouse

Libi patchwork pillow

Roisin drawstring backpack

     As you can see, they have accomplished a lot in just about 14 weeks.  Some did miss a week because I was in the hospital for a couple of days.  Besides all this, I had several private students on a regular basis.  One of them will be switching to group lessons while the other two will continue their private lessons.  I love being able to share my knowledge and love of sewing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment