Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Help for the Microwave

 

Pile of squares and batting


     Several years ago, a friend gave me a soup bowl cozy.  I enjoyed using it so much, I decided to make them for the family.  I got my directions from HappyHourStitches.com which doesn't seem to be around any more.  What I really liked was the fact I could use all the 10" squares I had.  Some were left from packs I bought to make a quilt and some were leftover fabric I cut into squares after finishing a quilt.

Stack of finished cozies

    I used only 100% cotton fabrics, cotton thread and special batting for use in the microwave.  I had fun matching fabrics for the bowls.  They went together quickly once I had the squares of batting cut.

Single soup bowl cozy

     The best part is that if they get dirty from the soup or oatmeal that you put into the bowl, you just toss the cozy into the wash.  

Using it in the microwave

     Save you fingers from getting burned when taking a hot bowl of soup out of your microwave with this easy to make cozy.  We keep ours on top of the refrigerator so they are easy to grab when taking a bowl out of the cabinet to warm up our food.  My daughter-in-law texted me a few days after getting theirs that she is LOVING the cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment