Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

A Pair of Purple Pillowcases

 

A pair of purple pillowcases


     A set of pillowcases that I had made for our bed many years ago was starting to fray around the edges plus also the fabric was splitting in the middle of the pillowcase.  It was time for new pillowcases.

Stitching the design

     What really spurred me to do this was a sale on some fun designs at Embroidery Library.  For my husband's pillowcase I chose 'If you love me, let me sleep'.  For my pillowcase I chose 'Steal my heart, not my blankets'.  

Let me sleep

     I went to JoAnn Fabrics to buy the fabric as they had a sale going on.  Unfortunately they did not have any white Kona cotton, my standard for nice pillowcase fabric.  I wound up buying the lavender instead.  Then I found a fun piece of fabric for the accent strip.  I pulled out the aqua color for doing the stitching.  I hooped sticky stabilizer in my largest hoop and stitched out the designs.  Then I sewed up the pillowcases using the hotdog method that I have used to make all of my grandkids' pillowcases.

Steal my heart

     In a couple of hours I had brand new pillowcases without any holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment