Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Solids Yellow Brick Road Quilt

 

Solids allow Brick Road Quilt

     A fun quilt to make is the Yellow Brick Road quilt.  For the lap size, it uses 12 fat quarters plus 2 yards for the border and binding.  I found a fun solid Fat Stack and a matching print at Patched Works in October of 2019.  

Cornerstone

     I used the extra blocks for cornerstones in the border and the final one I used to make my label.  I did cut the borders so the the 'diamonds' were all going in the same direction.

Block

     Joni increased the density of the stitching pattern I chose to really highlight the pattern.  I really like how it adds so much to the quilt with all the solid fabrics.

Label

     The backing fabric is flannel from JoAnn Fabrics.  I will definitely be making another quilt from this pattern one day. 

Backing


No comments:

Post a Comment