Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Retreat Sweatshirt

 

Sweatshirt ready for retreat

     I go on a quilt retreat twice a year with my friends.  It is a fun time of sewing, eating and talking.  I decided to make myself a sweatshirt to wear while up there.  We go in March and October so it is usually cold.  

Stitching

     I bought the sweatshirt from Lands End and the embroidery design from Embroidery Library.  When I hooped the sweat shirt I hooped it sideways.  I thought this would give me a better embroidery field.  Instead I did wind up with some of the sweatshirt back getting caught up in the embroidery.  I was able to remove the stitches without unhooping the sweatshirt and then redid those stitches.  You can see the snafu at the top of the W in SEW.  

Close-up of the design

     Quilt retreat is in about 5 weeks and I can't wait to meet up with my friends for time to sew, talk and eat (and drink a bit of wine).  I have four quilts cut and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment