Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Simply Beautiful Shrug, Floral Edition

 

Shrug with the seams on the shoulders

     At ASG Conference in San Antonio this past summer I took a class with Katrina Walker and made a Simply Beautiful Shrug.  At that time I used a blue silk fabric from my stash for the class.  You can see it here.  While at conference I bought some fabrics from Nancy Nix-Rice.  This beautiful sheer I bought to make myself another shrug.


Shrug with the seams front and back

     I used Terial Magic to stiffen the fabric to make it easier to work with.  I just could not get a nice rolled edge on the neck curve no matter how hard I tried.  After a few attempts, I finally did a narrow hem on my sewing machine.  However it did make the neck opening larger than I wanted.  I added a tuck to each seam to make the opening smaller.


Tuck at the seam

     I also used the full two yards of the fabric I bought so the shrug is larger/longer than my other one.  It is hard to see the colors but it is a pretty, navy, brown and pink print.  It will match so many of my clothes.   Just waiting for the right opportunity to wear it.

Floral sheer fabric


No comments:

Post a Comment