Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A Quick Project

 


     A client brought me some panels for her parent's new home that they bought from WayFair. They were just a bit too long and they wanted them shortened.  The panels were 100% polyester and so VERY wrinkled from being packaged.  It took quite a bit of time to press out the creases.  Even after pressing before and after redoing the hems there were still areas that looked creased.  

     The panels are shiny and slippery making it difficult to get a nice straight cut.  They also had varying sized hems, only by an inch or so, but it meant I couldn't just cut off an even amount.  Each panel needed to be measured.  I hope they are even when hung.

     Next up for work is a large cushion.  Working on my granddaughter's First Communion dress and a project for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment