Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Black Leggings

 

Pattern used

     A private lesson client of mine went MIA about two years ago.  She had left her projects at my house and after many attempts to call her to pick them up, she never came.  I donated one project she had left but I decided to make the leggings that she had bought the pattern and fabric for.

     The fabric was a heavy double knit and I planned on using them for winter running tights.  I made the pattern according to size.  If I make them again there are some changes I would make.

Too long
 
     From the photo you can see they bunch at the knees and ankles as they are too long.  I will remove some of the length above the knee and also below the knee.  With tapered pants like these you don't want to just remove the extra length from the bottom as then they would be to wide at the bottom.

Dipping waist


     From this side view, you can see how the waistline dips in the back (I drew a white line so you could see the dip.  If I make these again I will need to add about two to three inches to the back crotch seam so the waistline would be even.  I might even need to take a little out of the front crotch seam. 

     I was glad to make these from no cost to me fabric so I could check the fit.  They will be fine for running but I wouldn't wear them around other than that.  The drawing on the pattern makes them look more fitted but the model looks more like straight leg pants.  

No comments:

Post a Comment