Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Wine Embroideries

 

New wine center

     Several years ago, I bought some wine embroideries from Embroidery Library.  I had planned on stitching them out but they are very time consuming so I kept putting it off. 

Hole in the embroidery

     Finally last August I took the time to stitch them out using white felt.  While doing one of them, I somehow got a thread nest and had to start all over, what a pain.  This year I was determined to frame them and get them hung.  My son and husband built the frames for me.

Marked for cutting

     I measured how much fabric I wanted to pull to the back and marked the finished embroideries and cut them out.  

First staples

Stapling the corner

All stapled

     I used my electric stapler to staple the fabric to the frame.  I started by stapling the center on each side and then stapled the corners.  Then I stapled all around making sure I kept it straight and taut.

Hanging in the family room

     I knew I wanted to place them on the wall next to the entertainment center.  After my husband got them hung, I decided it would be fun to move the wine rack from the dining room into the family room right under the embroideries.  On the wall to the right, a cork holder will be hung, just need to get the right nails.

On the wall

     These took me almost 8 years from the time I bought the designs to the time I got them in place.  I think though it was worth the time and effort.






No comments:

Post a Comment