Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Coca-Cola Nightshirt Pillow

Finished Coca-Cola nightshirt pillow

     I had a Coca-Cola nightshirt that my daughter had gotten me from Atlanta.  I wore it for many years but found I prefer pajamas to nightshirts.  I didn't want to just trash it, so I decided to make it into a pillow.  Our basement is red, black & white with a Coca-Cola theme so it will be perfect down there.

Nightshirt cut apart

Interfaced back piece

     First I cut the shirt apart.  I interfaced the back and cut out the back piece.  I then interfaced and cut out a piece to put behind the neck opening.

Piece for the neck opening pinned in place

     Since I wanted to maintain the look of the nightshirt I placed an interfaced piece behind the neck opening and pinned it in place,  I tried as much as possible to pattern match.

Sewing along the bottom row of stitches

Sewing the top row of stitches

     I then stitched it in place along the bottom row of stitches on the neck band.  I did a second row of stitching along the top of the neck band.  

Placket sewn closed

     Next I sewed down the placket opening so it would not open up.  I then interfaced the entire front piece and cut out the front.
Interfaced front piece

     I then serged a napped lining to the front and back pieces to give them some more body.  I made black covered cord from some fabric in my stash and applied that to the front piece and then sewed everything together.  I did not put in a zipper, I just hand stitched the opening closed.  

Pillow back

     It should be a fun pillow for my basement.  Another sample pillow for work.  I plan  on doing 6 of them this year.  Only four left to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment