Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Birthday T-shirts 2023

 

Me and the grandkids

     For the grandkids' birthdays, I make them a t-shirt and then put money in their college fund.  Because we were doing a family vacation this summer, otherwise known as Breencation, I decided to make matching t-shirts.  I had a large piece of red knit in my stash.  I used it first to make myself a top.  



 

     The first t-shirt was for the oldest grandson.  He loves video games so I used this design from Designs by JuJu.  I had gray ribbing in my stash so I used a grey sweatshirt fleece fabric for the controller.



     The next birthday was my granddaughter.  I used a couple of designs from a Girl Power design pack I bought many years ago.  I had yellow ribbing in my stash so I made sure that one of the colors in the design was yellow.



     Next up was MTB, number 2 grandson.  He is a typical boy that likes trucks, dinosaurs and video games.  I chose a dump truck design for him from Designs by JuJu but I didn't put on the face in the window because at 7 he is a little too old for that.  I had blue ribbing in my stash so the cab of the dump truck is the same blue.



     Next up is grandson number 3.  Dinosaurs and trucks for the win.  This dinosaur cement mixer is also from Designs by JuJu.  I had the orange ribbing in my stash so his truck had orange in it.




     Grandson number four's birthday isn't until September but I made his t-shirt early so he could have it for Breencation.  He is just fascinated by construction and trucks so I chose a bulldozer for him.  For his I did keep the little face as he is only almost 2.  Grey again for the ribbing to match the treads on the truck.  I do like the appliqué designs from Designs by JuJu.  They come in multiple sizes and always turn out great.  I like appliqué designs on knits especially as there is much less thread and it doesn't distort the fabric.


       The patterns I used were all from my stash, just basic t-shirts that don't really change over the years.  It is kind of fun that the birthdays of the grandkids are all in order with the oldest in January and the youngest in September.  


No comments:

Post a Comment