Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Christmas 2023 Gifts - Part 2

Finished table runner and napkins

     This year the theme for the table runners I give to my adult children is Easter.  When I buy the fabric I buy three yards each of four coordinating fabrics.  This gives me enough to make four slightly different table runners with four matching napkins.  

For the first one

     I start by cutting the fabrics and then labeling which will be in each position.  This pile is for the finished runner shown on top.  Each runner will have a different center square.




     I do sew them each one at a time because otherwise I would get too confused as to which fabric goes where.  I take photos with my phone to keep track of the proper placement of the fabrics once I have everything cut.  The backing fabric and the binding match the center square.  The napkins are finished with a rolled hem on the serger.  

     I'm already working on next year's set.  Can you guess what holiday I am doing next?

No comments:

Post a Comment