Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Christmas 2023 Gifts - Part 3

Almost finished placemat

      For the grandkids I made them Easter placemats to match the table runners and napkins that I did for their parents.  Unfortunately I never took a photo of a finished one.  I added lavender binding to finish off the placemats.

Stack of fabrics for the first block

     When I started these in the spring, I knew there would be grandchild #6 before Christmas so I made sure to cut out enough to make a placemat for that grandchild also.  I had to wait until after she was born to make the final block where I added each ones' name.  In my embroidery software I removed the stitches from the upper left-hand rectangle and instead added their name.

Sewn to the backing

    These placemats are a lot of cutting and prep work but once I have decided on the fabrics and threads for one, it goes fairly quickly as I embroider each block six times.

No comments:

Post a Comment