Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Equipment Bag Pillow

 

Finished equipment bag pillow

     This pillow is from an old equipment bag.  This is for the same client that I made a pillow out of a library book bag.  We wanted to use the grommets in the pillow design.  There wasn't enough to put all the way around like a flange.  The next idea was to use them as a part of a pieced front.

Equipment bag

    The problem with that idea was that the grommets were very close to the top edge which meant I couldn't sew a seam there.  The final design was really a combination of the first two.  I pieced the grommet panel to the front but left the 'top' edge free.  I then cut the cord in half and re-wove it through the grommets, tacking it down at the top and bottom of the pillow front.  I lined the front and back pieces and made covered cord from the same black fabric that I had used on her other pillow.  

Front detail

     The back had a lapped zipper opening.  I just then sewed the front and back together, taking my time at the areas that were multiple layers of the canvas fabric.  I really like how this one turned out.

Pillow back


No comments:

Post a Comment