Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

10 days and counting

10 days until the wedding. I finished the bridesmaids' dresses and the flower girls' baskets. Yesterday my daughter and I worked on how to bustle her dress, picked out an embroidery for the table runners and finalized the veil design. Now just need to do the work. Her future in-laws dropped off the centerpieces over the weekend and I got my shoes Monday. Slowly but surely it is all coming together.
In classes, Anna finished the gathering and has the band attached to her tote, Grace finished her denim skirt ( Meghan was wearing hers yesterday, she said she has worn it several times), Meghan finished the peasant blouse for her sister (she's trying to decide between giving it to her right away or waiting until Christmas), Sammie is hemming some too long sweat pants and Lauren is working on her pajama pants.
I met with two clients yesterday for some window treatments. Talked with one about the new shade safety rules. As a person with no young children she didn't know anything about it but saw that for resale value she would need to comply also. It is going to be a tricky situation for a time while we educate our costumers. Need to finish the panels for another client before the holidays and get some embroidery done.
Had a cold run this morning, the wind was pretty bad and it was just starting to snow. I miss the warmer weather where my hands and ears didn't freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment