Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

After School Classes Back in Session



     Fall is here.  The leaves have started changing colors and the nights are cooler.  That means after school classes are back in session.

     On Monday I have Julia, Bella, Meghan and Katie.  Julia is working on a square neck blouse.  She started it last spring.  She has chosen a knit mesh for the fabric and is having some difficulty with pinning and sewing.  We have had to do a lot of 'unsewing' but it is coming along.  Bella just started and has mastered the machine and is now working on her sewing bag.  She chose a turquoise print from my fabric to make her bag.

    Meghan is working on a Kwik Sew pattern skirt that has in-seam pockets.  She chose a silky dark red abstract print.  So far the fabric has not been too much trouble for her.  Katie is making the ruffle skirt.  The main body is black and the ruffle is 3 dimensional roses on netting.  The machine has not liked the solid black fabric, she has been having problems with breaking thread and skipped stitches.  I am going to try a different needle next week to see if that helps.  The machine had just been serviced over the summer and works fine with everything else.

     On Wednesday I have Izzy, Ellen and Greta.  They are all making the back slit denim skirt.  Ellen started hers in the spring so she is almost done.  I will post a photo of all three wearing their skirts as soon as they finish.  Speaking of the skirt, Meghan had hers on on Monday.  She had worn it to school with gray leggings and it looked really cute.  I am happy to see that the girls are proudly wearing the things they have made.

     Well the marathon is now less than two weeks away.  My training has gone pretty good but I am still scared about the distance.  This morning I had a 7 mile run.  It was dark and quite chilly, so different from the runs this summer.


      The tomatoes are slowing down, just picked a handful yesterday.  I need to make some more sauce for the freezer.  The family is coming on Sunday and we are having spaghetti with homemade sauce.  Our son, JJ is hopefully coming in also.  My daughter, daughter-in-law and I are going to be putting together 10 freezer meals that will go in the crockpot.  This will be very helpful for my daughter who is on bedrest with her pregnancy and for my daughter-in-law that works in the city.  Makes having healthy meals so much easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment