Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February Fun

Embroidery design from Embroidery Library


     On Sunday we will be celebrating Colton's Christening with the family at St Gilbert's church.  Then we are all coming back to our house for brunch.  I decided that we needed some decoration for this wonderful occasion.  I have a wall between my kitchen and dining room where I hang a seasonal quilt.  That is where I chose to display a small quilt/wallhanging for Colton.

     I bought a couple of designs from Embroidery Library to use and then used my software to digitize the wording I wanted.  I played around with different fonts and sizes until I came up with a pleasing arrangement.  My husband helped me last night with a few suggestions also.  

     Today I will start stitching out the designs and hopefully on Friday I will get the wallhanging together.  I will post a photo of it next week.

Embroidery design from Embroidery Library


     In my after school sewing classes Julia forgot her project so she worked on a pillowcase, Bella is working on her square neck blouse, Meghan finished her pillow with some hand sewing and Katie is working on her tote.  It has been a long time but it is really looking good.

     Izzy is working on her red gingham square neck blouse, Lauren cut out her orange and black plaid pants and Christine cut out her square neck blouse from a cute bird print.

     Cara is working on her denim skirt, Hayley and Greta are both working on some pajama pants while Ellen is working on a square neck blouse.  

     I have already had some responses to my summer camp mailings.  I'm looking forward to spending the summer teaching more children to learn to sew plus expanding the knowledge of my former students.

     It has finally snowed here in the Chicago area. I had to run 13 miles in it on Sunday.  Not too bad.  I hope to get in a day of cross country skiing before it melts but with all my scheduled runs and bikes it is hard to find the time to do something else active.

No comments:

Post a Comment