Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Beginning Sewing June 2013


Beginning Sewing Camp June 2013


     Summer sewing camps started this week.  Last week Friday I received a phone call from a mom wanting to know if it was still possible to start sewing on Monday.  She apologized for the late notice but her daughter and a friend really wanted to learn to sew.

     I had already started to take appointments for the week so we settled on just a three day camp.  Tuesday morning Erica and Grace showed up to learn to sew.  They caught on quickly and by the end of the second day, today, they had earned their "driver's license", finished their sewing bag, made a belt and cut out their first garment.

     Erica chose a cotton that reminds her of the sunset to make a square neck blouse while Grace chose a shimmery purple twill to make the back slit denim skirt.  Erica helped her choose the buttons for the back.

Erica and her bag and belt

Grace and her bag and belt


     Tomorrow will be their last day and I have faith that they will finish their garments.  They are having fun but also working hard.

Sewing buddies


     Yesterday while working in my garden plot something bit me on the upper right arm.  I didn't think too much of it, just brushed it off.  I could tell it was definitely larger than a mosquito though when I brushed it away.  My arm started itching and by evening time it was starting to swell.  I took some Benadryl and went to sleep hoping it would be better in the morning.   Well it doesn't itch as much but the arm is now swollen from the middle of my forearm into my armpit.  Hoping it goes down soon.  But the strawberries I picked from the second garden plot are so delicious that it almost make up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment