Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Communion Banner 2

Cross 1 option from Embroidery Library

Cross 2 option from Embroidery Library

Praying Hands from Embroidery Library

Cross 3 option from Embroidery Library

Cross 4 option from Embroidery Library



     I had a request to do another First Communion banner.  This was from a friend of the first client.  She wanted either a cross or praying hands.  I found several designs at Embroidery Library that fit her request.  I sent the choices to her and she opted for the budded cross at the bottom.

Option 1 layout

Option 2 layout

Option 3 layout

Option 4 layout


     She also wanted the full date and her child's full name on the banner.  Using my software I chose a font and size that I thought would compliment the cross she chose.  I played around with the sizing of the lettering making the first and last name slightly larger and then played with the placement of the names to get a nice overall pattern.

     I then printed out templates of the wording and the cross.  I came up with four different options for the layout.  I sent these off to her in an email.  She wrote back that she would like to have the date above the cross and then his name below.   It was back to the computer where I separated the words and added the cross to the date file.

Final layout 

Fabric all marked for stitching


     Again I printed out templates of the designs and placed them on the fabric.  I then marked the center points of the designs using painters tape.  I 'hooped' the fabric with sticky stabilizer and floated a piece of tear-away underneath.  Two hoopings and I had it all stitched out.  I then used the zigzag blade of my rotary cutter to trim the edges and used fringe adhesive to glue it to a backing fabric that I had put a rod pocket in at the top.

First Communion banner for Brett (glue will not show when dry)


     I used the opposite colors for his banner and a different font for the lettering.  I also used a different blade to trim the edges.  I didn't want the two banners to look too much alike.  These have been fun projects for me.  Maybe I will get to do some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment