Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Schaumburg Original Sewing & Quilt Expo 2014

Machine embroidered zipper bracelets. Designs from Great Copy


     I spent last weekend working at the Original Sewing & Quilt Expo.  Pattie Otto from Great Copy asked me to help in her booth.  I like to work with her and her husband Rick when they are in the Chicago area.

     While Pattie taught classes I helped Rick in the booth.  This year Pattie asked me to help another vendor in her booth also as she had no one to spell her while she taught.  So I wound up helping in Gail Yellen's booth, Gail Patrice Designs.  What fun.

Buttons & Blooms embroidery designs from Great Copy


     I spent my time going back and forth between the booths, fortunately they were close to each other.  I did get a chance to walk the floor a little and managed to buy fabric, patterns and some trims.  Also bought a new iron and some pre-cut stabilizer.

     Pattie taught her Knit Knacks, Waisting Away in Margaritaville and The Bias that Binds.  She also did several stage demos showing her fleece techniques.  She sold her patterns, embroidery designs and her Edge Perfect Blade in her booth.

Jacket using techniques found in Gail's book


     Gail taught a couple of different serger classes and also a class showing one jacket 12 different ways.  She had her patterns, templates, and tools for sale in her booth.

Jacket using Gail's template set and jacket pattern


     I had a great time but I was tired after every day.  I don't know how they do this week after week.  I am looking forward to Pattie's next embroidery club in May and meeting up with Gail again in St Louis at the ASG conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment