Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Busy with Summer Work



     Vacation was nice but now it is time to really get to work.  Last week I made a top for a client that has a skin condition.  It needs to be only pima cotton with no seams on the inside at the shoulder and neck.  We use two polo shirts from Lands End.  I deconstruct them and then use both backs and one set of sleeves to make the new shirt.  The shoulder and sleeve seams are on the outside as well as the neck hem is turned to the outside.  On this top I used a contrasting thread in the serger.  I think it added a nice decorative element.



     I also made pillows for another client.  She already had the forms as she was redoing them for her Florida home.  She asked for a looser fit so I cut them one inch bigger than I usually do.  One pillow had a contrasting back and had to be interlined.  The other three were from a heavier fabric so no interlining was necessary.  They all have covered cord and zipper openings.



     I am currently in the first week of three straight weeks of sewing camps.  Add to that I have (4) 8-9 foot long board mounted valances to make, a full set of patio cushions and some table covers to sew and I am busier than a one-armed paper hanger :-)

     Looking forward to our trip to Ireland, hopefully I can catch some sleep on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment