Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Purse-onality Fun 5 Camp




     Last week was purse camp.  Every other year I have a purse camp and we make different purses each time.  This year the girls made a pleated tote, a pleated pouch and a wallet.  I found all the projects on Pinterest.

My sample tote with Greta's and Kelsey's totes


     When I made my sample I used some coordinating fat quarters for my tote so mine had multiple fabrics on the outside.  The original tote had just one fabric on the outside with a contrasting lining.  That is how Kelsey did her tote.  Greta was also going to do the same thing until I made a mistake cutting her fabric and we had to piece together the fabric.  We chose to put it on the inside so the seam would not show.  I think her purse turned out great looking also.

Kelsey and her tote
   

      The totes went together easily.  They both chose to put pockets inside.  The pleated pouch was a bit more difficult.  I had made a pattern piece based on the finished folding to make it easier to pleat.






     They both opted to stitch their pleats all the way across instead of leaving them loose.
Great and her tote
Kelsey and her pleated pouch

Greta and her pleated pouch

     Then we made the wallet.  It was a quick and easy project and by the end of day three I knew we needed to have something more for the final day of class.

     Kelsey opted to make a sunglass case she found on Pinterest.  She not only finished one for herself but started on another for her mom.


Kelsey and her sunglass case


     Greta had a more challenging project in mind.  She wanted to make a armband case for her phone so she could have it while she ran.  We covered some elastic with a fabric tube and then made two padded pieces.  The front one we put a window in with some vinyl Greta had.  I think we did a pretty good job.

Greta and her armband phone holder


     The girls had a great time and accomplished a lot in the four days.

Greta's projects

Kelsey's projects

Greta using the jumbo Wonder clips to hold the vinyl in place for sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment