Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pink & Black Presents Quilt

Finished quilt 66 x 79


     I bought this quilt kit in July of 2006 at Barrington Sewing Center.  I loved the quilt on display and decided I needed to make it for myself.  The book it is from is called Take Two and Add a Few.


Square detail


     I finally got around to cutting it out before quilt retreat in March 2014.  I got it all pieced at the retreat.

Corner detail


     After piecing it I decided it needed borders.  After looking at several quilt shops I finally bought the fabric online from Fabric.com.  

Label 1


     I was going to use the outer border as binding but I din't like how it looked with the backing fabric.  I headed to the local quilt shop for some black for the binding.

Label 2


     I auditioned several threads for the quilting and we decided on just plain black.  It shows up well on the front and really pops on the back.  It was finished being quilted in May and a few days ago I put in the last stitch of the binding while watching Monday Night Football.

Quilting detail


     For now it is just a fun quilt for me but maybe someday I might have a granddaughter to give it to. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment