Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Maggie's Quilt


Finished quilt


     Finished putting on the binding for Maggie's first quilt.  I used a three yard quilt pattern that makes a great size blanket for a little one.  I bought the fabrics at Quilt Play.  The backing is flannel from JoAnn's.  I like using flannel for the back of these quilts because they make them great for snuggling.

Detail of quilting


     I chose a ballet slipper quilting pattern as the fabric has ballet shoes in the print.  The lavender fabric is a small dot while the lime green is a swirl print.

Label


     As always I include a label with the name of the quilt and info about who made it and who quilted it.  If the recipient is known I include their name and a date.  Who knows where this quilt may wind up.  I maybe should have used a more contrasting thread for the stitching as it is hard to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment