Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Biking T-shirt Quilt

Completed biking t-shirt quilt

     Finally a t-shirt quilt for our house!  The theme for this quilt is biking.  The subdivision where we live is located in the Liberty Prairie conservation area.  For 15 years they put on a bike ride to raise funds.  It was called the Prairie Pedal.  We did it every year except one.  That year we still signed up, just to get the t-shirt and support the cause.

Detail of the shirts and the stitching

     Because there were only 15 t-shirts, I added five other t-shirts from biking events we did.  One event is Bike the Drive where they close down Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and we are able to ride our bikes on it.  The other biking event was a tour around the city of Chicago on our bikes.

     I cut the 12.5 x 12.5" squares from the interfaced fronts of the t-shirts.  On some of them, I used a permanent marker to write the year as it was only on the back of the t-shirt.  I stitched them together and used a 2 yard piece of fleece for the backing.  I tacked the front to the back with a + stitched in the ditch between the t-shirts.  My hubby was glad to finally get one of his own after I had done so many for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment