Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

An Assortment of Pillows

Chevron pillow

     A client brought me some pieces of fabric that she wanted made into pillow covers.  These were pieces left from other projects or something she found on Etsy.

Matching the side seams

     The first was this chevron pillow.  There was enough fabric for me to be able to match the side seams, at least as well as you can with the zigzag pattern.  The cording was made from multiple pieces because there was just scraps left.

Matching the zipper opening

     I was able to pattern match at the zipper closure on the back.

Preferred centered motif

     Next was a rectangular pillow from this pretty fabric.  I wanted to center this diamond shaped motif but there wasn't enough to get the size pillow cover she wanted.

Photo for approval

     I sent her a photo with how I could center based on the amount of fabric that was available.  She said it looked great to her, so I went ahead and made that pillow.

Finished pillow

     Last was two square pillow covers that she wanted to be finished at 18".  Unfortunately she only bought a half yard so I was only able to cut 18" squares to be finished at 17".

Squares centered

     She did not want them to be the same.  On one I centered the squares down the middle....

Arrows centered

...and the other I centered the arrows down the middle.

Etsy fabric pillows

     She did not want cording on those so I put the zipper in the bottom seam.  All the pillow covers had lining and serged edges for maximum wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment